Hope this finds you well and off to a great 2018.
This week I recorded a podcast with my dear friend Annie Downs about Rhythms. We had a wonderful conversation about rhythm and how that relates to our lives. You can listen to the podcast by clicking here.
I'd like to just share a couple of recipes that I briefly touched on in the episode.
My Favorite Chicken
For a juicy and flavorful chicken, I love to use a simple brine or marinade.
1/2 cup Salt
1 tablespoon Peppercorns
3 Bay Leaves
2 cups Water.
- Bring the above ingredients to a boil and add 4 cups of ice cold water. Allow brine to fully cool before use. Fully submerge chicken in solution and marinate for 6-8 hours.
1 garlic clove
1 sprig of thyme
Salt & Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove chicken from brine and blot your chicken until the skin is dry. Evenly season your chicken with salt and pepper.
- Bring an oven proof non stick pan to medium heat. Sear your chicken until golden brown on one side. While cooking, add a sprig of thyme and a whole clove of garlic to the pan.
- After you've reached a nice caramelized color on your chicken (3-5 minutes), place the chicken in the oven until you've reached an internal temp of 160 degrees. Remove chicken from oven and allow 10 mins to rest. Chicken should reach a final temperature of 165 degrees. Enjoy!
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Salsa Verde
3-4 Small - medium sized potatoes (1/4 lb /potato)
1/2 tablespoon Sherry Vinegar
1/2 tablespoon Grapeseed Oil
Salt & Pepper
1 small White Onion
1 lime (juiced)
1/2 Jalapeno (seeded)
1 clove Garlic
1/2 bunch Cilantro
Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 400.
2. Wash your sweet potatoes well. Pat dry.
3. Coat your sweet potatoes in oil and vinegar, then add the salt and pepper.
4. Roast until soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. While sweet potatoes are roasting prepare salsa verde.
6. Add all salsa ingredients to a food processor or blender. Note: feel free to use a tablespoon or two of water to blend the mixture easier.
7. Cut your sweet potato in half and then spoon your salsa on top and enjoy.
I hope this adds some delicious recipes to your kitchen repertoire!